Sunday, September 13, 2009

I had thought that when I had written my last post that our hiking days were over for the summer, but I was wrong. The day before school statred we hiked Gog and Magog. This has been the latest hike for me, but you never know the weather is still very nice and this means that we could be on another adventure at any minute. Below is White Pine Lake which we backpacked into during July and spent the night. I never knew the power of mesqueto repellent. We had forgotten about bringing our and had to beg some passing by scouts to use some of theirs. Even in the day they were really bad. Dan tried to climb to this point from the front but it was so steep that he had to come back down. We climbed up from the back side which was a lot easier.




Look at what we growed! The Sweet 100 is doing so well it has produced so many of these little treats. Dan loves to put a handfull in his lunches. The bigger tomatoes produced fruit but the plant looks so nasty. The leaves started to turn a sick brown and yellow. We just think that the pot it was in was too small the roots are trying to come out of the little hole in the bottem.


Last weekend my uncle got remarried at a cabin in WY and my whole family was there. my brother was on leave before he deployes to Iraq in a month and so my dad flew home so that we could all be together. The wedding ceremony was at noon and a dutch oven dinner followed. Before the wedding stared Dan & I went to look around and found a zip line. As you can see Dan had a good time on it.






No comments: