Happy 4th of July! We had a great time, we got up at 6:30am and hiked Mount Naomi Mount Naomi Wilderness consists of wooded, mountainous terrain. The namesake of the Wilderness,
Naomi Peak, is also its highest point at 9,980 feet. We like to do the highest points in the area and this was the highest on the east side of the valley. This is a picture of Dan at the very top.


This is Tony's Grove which is at the base of the trail head for Naomi Peak.

Every year my family goes to Redfish Lake for a week. It was named this because of the sockeye salmon used to spawn there, and when they did the whole lake looked red. I have a lot of fond childhood memories of this place and was happy that Dan and I were able to go.

The water is only about 50 degrees and the high temperate while we were there was only about 75 or so. I had agreed to jump in once and when I did it took my breath away.

Many of the chipmunks will come up to you if you have the right treats. Dan had some sunflower seeds and saw this little guy sitting on a rock. It actually went into his hand and took the seed.

This is Roxy, my grandma's pug mix. Just look at that face. Priceless
No comments:
Post a Comment