On Saturday 10 Oct 2009 Dan entered the Race for Diamonds relay hosted by SE Needham Jewelers. This was the same place that Dan bought my wedding ring. Originally I wanted to run the race but have been so busy with school that I didn't have the time to prepare for it. I had convinced Dan to run with me and about a week before the race told him that I wouldn't be able to run. SO, he decided to run without me. There were 2 Categories 1 for dressing up in wedding garb and another for sheer speed. As you can tell we went for the wedding garb. The jacket is a hand me down from Brent Jay I guess. I'm not sure where he got the tie from but it has little Christmas kitties all over it.
There were some really creative costumes. This guy with the car actually won the costume contest. As well he should, it looked like he had spent a lot of time on that thing. There were wedding cakes, flowers, grooms, brides, there were lots of other things too.
This is Dan at the finish line. Because it was chilly out, Dan didn't feel too well after he finished the race and is still feeling the effects today with a pretty bad cough.
No comments:
Post a Comment