Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Holiday Season

After I got done with school I didn't really feel like doing anything, so sorry that I haven't updated in a while. Things are going great. Today I got a new calling in the Primay Presidency as the secretay. I was just starting the really like teaching the older kids. I have tried to have interesting games for them to play every week and they have seemed to really like it. Itsn't that how life works once you start to get comfortable, then it gets a little shook up.
I kind of made a list of the things that I wanted to write about that has happened to us or that have been on my mind:
  • I gave Dan a hair cut today.
  • It snowed here almost all week and when Dan went skiing it was at least waist high. WOW!
  • We have some really funny babies in our ward. One looks like a giant ball of butter, or the state puff man. She is so cute. Another one is the best baby that I have ever seen. Her mother plays the piano in RS and the baby will just sit there playing. Only once in a while does she make a crawl for the door.
  • Dan's been playing church ball during the week and the first time that he went there were so many people that he only played a few minutes and warmed the bench the rest of the time.
  • On New Years we went to bed at about 10 o'clock pm. We are so boring.
  • The other day it was snowing really bad. I ride the city bus up to campus. Well, I had been standing there for about 20 min and I had seen cars come and go, well a car pulled over near me and asked if I was going up to campus and if I wanted a ride. I almost hesitate to take rides from strangers but they were taking their 2 young boys to school and the college was on the way, so I jumped in.
Here are some pictures from the holiday.

Just as I promised here are a few pictures with my new hair cut. Already it has grown a few inches. Because my hair is so thick they had to cut it off in 2 chunks. In total I cut off about 11 inches off the back but only about 6 inches in the front.


We went Downtown to see the Christmas lights,but first we made a stop at gardner village. This is my favorite store in the whole place. It has a lot of old stuff. Even dan had fun in the store.

Don't you just live this hat!


This sign was right near the Joseph Smith Building. I had no idea that they had a problem with Falcons.



Christmas morning. I was so excited, because I knew Santa had brought me stuff. I was awake at about 6:30, but I didn't wake Dan up until 7:15. Then I had to rub his feet, and his back til 8:00 before he would even think about getting up. Poor thing he wasn't ready yet.



We then went to my parents house to have dinner with them. This is my sisters bunny and my cousin's puppy. The puppy wasn't sure what to think of the bunny. For the most part the bunny tried to run away from the puppy.

No comments: