Sunday, June 6, 2010

We Found It!

We found the place where the old bear was buried. "What! You went back?" Yes, we did! It may seem silly to walk that far not find what you are looking for then to turn around and go back a second time. Well, this time we went with someone who had been there before and help lead the way. The first couple of pictures are from the first hike, then with Dan's friend Zack.
If you click on the picture and look really close at my face you can see what I thought of the trail at that moment.
We were really surprised to find a huge cave only a couple of feet from the edge of the trail. This little surprise made me feel a little bit better. I'm smiling now.
 
The second hike took less time and we were happy to make it. The bear is the largest recorded in history being almost 10 ft and 1100 lbs.  The Skull is currently at Utah State for anyone who wants to see it.
This picture was taken because I love squirrels.

No comments: