Thursday, June 3, 2010

Happy Anniversary

We made it! One year and counting. A lot has happened in the last year. School was crazy busy but I made it. We have been busy with our callings in church. The kids in our ward are really fun. I teach only once a month but I have a lot of fun preparing my lessons. Children are so excited to learn which makes it even easier for me. For our anniversary we went to Salt Lake City and spent the night at the  Grand America then had their Sunday Buffet. Once you have eaten at that buffet the rest seem shameful. The bread pudding is sooo good, it is more like a cake.  
The Day before Mother's Day we went to Thanksgiving Point to golf because the prices were really awesome. The First nine holes went really well and we were grouped with some nice people. The second nine was pretty bad and it took us 6 hours to get through the whole course. When it should have only taken us 4. But, we had a good visit with Dan's Grandmother.   
Don't they look so happy? They should be we had a nice Mother's Day. .

Can you tell that summer is here? This is our first Hike of the year. We timed it pretty good we didn't really see anyone up there, but on the way down we saw a lot trying to go up. This is supposed to be our warm up hike of about 5 miles round trip. Over the weekend we did another hike because the trail was so crappy we ended up backtracking a couple of times so we walked an extra mile or so which normally wouldn't be too bad but we had already hiked about 8 miles. We never did find the monument we were looking for. A website says " you'll pass the gigantic 11-foot stone monument that marks Ephraim's 1923 grave site" If there was a 11 ft stone I never saw it  
Pretend that girl is me. How did we miss this I have no idea. Bad trail markers, the trail forked about 3 times and there was no indication as to which way you should go.
This is our new Baby! Welcome to the family. I must admit I was a little sad to see my Focus (aka Betty)leave us, but this last year she kind of just fell a part.  the day that we took it over  to get the new truck the driver side door handle became unattached on the inside panel and you had to open the door from the passenger side. Good riddance!  
Well we look forward to a great summer and being able to post our adventures.

No comments: