This is the beginning of out Journey. We pulled out of the drive way at 5:00 am. It was a rough night because we slept on an air mattress. The whole house was loaded and ready to go before we went to bed. I didn't get to go back to sleep because I was pretty excited. I took this after Dan started to get a hang of how to drive the monster of a truck that we had to rent because we have so much stuff. This was taken somewhere in Wyoming as you might be able to tell by the scenery.
I didn't take very many pictures because really, how many pictures can you have of two people stuck in a moving truck? Not much happens. So the first day we made it to Denver. Getting to the hotel was a little rough because we could see it but it was on a weird road. As you can see we made it. The truck isn't very traffic friendly so we tended to get food that was deliverable.
We had less then perfect weather for the trip. It was windy from the time that we left Logan till we reached Denver. Once we arrived at the hotel it started to snow a little.
OK, here is the hoss truck that we had to rent. It doesn't get any bigger then this guy. Just the bed is 24 feet long. It sits about the same height as a semi truck. I'm pretty sure that they should require a CDL or something to be able to drive this. They only advise that they gave us is try not to back up if possible. We took these pictures some where in Kansas.
While in Kansas we meet up with my mom and step-dad. They delivered the large Beautiful chest you see in the picture below. We have so many blankets that the chest is completely full and so is my hope chest in the next bedroom. The chest is so big that I could get inside. I'll post some close-ups later.
The next stop on our journey was Nauvoo, IL. The temple was very beautiful and is pretty much identical to the original. We actually spent a full day there and had a great time looking at all the old buildings.
A special treat for us was the fact that Dan has a pioneer ancestor that once lived there. The cabin was just one room with a small loft in the top only big enough for about 4 children to sleep. There wasn't really any room to stand up while in the loft.
We left Nauvoo very early and headed out on the last day of the ride. Here is the Welcome to Michigan sign. Yeah!! They have a welcome center at this rest stop, it was really nice.
Ok, well I'm going to get al least this posted. I will work on what our new house looks like these next few days.





No comments:
Post a Comment