Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Valentie's Day

A few things have happened this month. Well, In January Dan went to Mexico for a week. Work training. Said that it was a good learning experience and that he is so grateful to live in the United States. The people there are very poor, and driving there is crazy! He only had time to take a few pictures and this I guess just off the main highway.
 Last Weekend we went to Snowfest here in town. They break out the chain saws and go to town on these huge blocks of ice and snow trying to have the best creation. Below are some of our favorites.






They also had a little petting zoo type of thing. This camel was starting to make some weird noises when I took this picture. Dan was a little bit uncomfortable because he couldn't really see what it was doing. Dan tried to get me to pet it but honestly I was too scared.
 A couple of days ago we got pounded with snow. It was pretty windy in the evening before we went to bed but it had not started to snow. When we woke up this is what we got. Dan went to work, only to find out a couple of hours later that they had to send everyone home. So, we went over to Dan's parents to help dig them out. It was about 18" deep and we spent about 2 hours cleaning off the driveway.
 Since I really only post once a month I would like to give a shout out to my baby sister who will have a birthday next week. She is so cute! We love having her in our family. One of my favorite things about her when she was little was that she translated all of our pets thoughts to the rest of us. Even if the animal was asleep. Happy Birthday!!
This month my sister Jaki and her husband Richard will have been married for a year! I'm super happy that she found Richard he is a great brother-in-law. Congrats to you sis!!

I always have had great memories of Valentine's Day. When I was a kid we had a special breakfast with strawberries and pancakes. Along with pink milk. I have tried to do this with Dan and I. He isn't quite as excited as I am bout Valentines Day. Except this year because we got a new TV and PS3 for our Valentine's Day gift to each other. It has been fun so far. Watching movies is a totally different experience then it was before.
Have a Great Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks sis! Yeah, Richard doesn't quite get into Valentine's breakfast the way I do. Spoil sports anyway! Hey we got a new TV for each other with our Christmas money!! What did you guys get?